I need to refund a contribution I received through my campaign. How can I do that?
Since contributions are processed through PayPal and WePay*, when someone donates to your campaign the money is instantly deposited into your PayPal or WePay account, depending on which one you're using.
To refund the contribution(s) you received, simply follow the steps below:
- Log into your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com
- Click History in the menu at the top of the page
- Locate the transaction(s) you want to refund and click the Issue Refund button for that transaction, then follow the prompts on the next page
- Log into your WePay account at http://www.wepay.com/home
- Click View account history
- Click the transaction(s) you want to refund
- Click issue refund
IMPORTANT: Our Support Team does not have access inside WePay's or PayPal's systems, so we cannot offer any direct help with issuing refunds from your PayPal or WePay account.
If you need help with this, please contact PayPal or WePay directly and ask one of their Customer Service agents to help you out.
- PayPal: You can reach PayPal's general Support Department via phone at 1-888-221-1161 in North America, or at 08707 307 191 in the United Kingdom
- WePay: WePay has a special team of agents who work directly with FundRazr-related accounts. You can reach that team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*WePay is available only to users in the United States & Canada.
For transactions processed through WePay:
WePay automatically reverses the fees when you issue a refund, so if you refund anything you've received though WePay, your fees will automatically go back to you - no further action needed.
For transactions processed through PayPal:
PayPal does NOT automatically reverse the fees when you issue a refund. Fee reversals are manually performed by our PayPal Account Management Team by request only. After you've completed issuing your refund(s), if you would like your fees reversed you will need to send us a link to your campaign page, AND the following specific information about each refunded transaction:
- Amount of original transaction
- Status of transaction
- Transaction ID
- Date/Time of original transaction
- PayPal Email address of contributor
We cannot request a fee reversal without this information.
Please remember to include it when you contact us.
All 5 pieces of information can be found in either of two places:
- In your PayPal account: Log into your PayPal account, go to your History page, and click the "Details" link for the transaction(s) in question. Copy & paste the required information in your message to us.
- In your campaign: Go to your campaign page and click the "Transaction" link in the black NavBar at the top of the page. Find the transaction(s) in question and click the plus sign (+). Copy & paste the required information in your message to us (see screenshot below).
Please send this information to us via the "Submit a request" link at the top of this Help Center page, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Once we receive it we'll forward it over to our PayPal Account Management Team and ask them to reverse the fees.
*The information on this page is for reference only, and may become outdated over time.