Okay, so you were setting up your campaign and everything was going great. Then you got to the PayPal part, entered your email address, clicked "Check It", and this happened:
What does that mean?
This message means that your PayPal account is Restricted, and you need to remove the Restrictions to continue. It's usually easy to resolve an account limitation. Most of the time, PayPal just needs some information about your account or latest transactions.
IMPORTANT: The Restriction could be something as simple as not having a Verified PayPal account, which is required to accept donations through our system. To find out how to make sure your PayPal account is Verified, read Section 1 on the following Help Page:
How To Make Sure Your PayPal Account Is Set Up To Use our system
If you've made sure your PayPal account is Verified and you're still seeing the 520009 error message, continue reading below:
If you've made sure your PayPal account is Verified, to provide the information and find out what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, PayPal suggests that you follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolution Center at the top of the page.
- Click Steps to Remove Limitation and follow the instructions
If you've completed the suggested steps and your account is still limited, it means one of 2 things:
- PayPal needs more information, and they've sent you an email that asks for it.
- They're reviewing the information you provided and they'll email you with an update (usually within 3 business days).
If you've submitted the information PayPal requested in the Resolution Center but you haven't received a reply email from them within the 3 business day period, please contact PayPal Customer Service at 1-888-221-1161.
If you call, please ask to speak to someone in the Resolution Department and have the following information ready so they can confirm that you own the account:
- Your telephone number.
- A statement for the credit card or bank account linked to your PayPal account.
- The email address you used to register your PayPal account.
I've finished the above steps and the Restrictions are gone, but the message hasn't disappeared from my campaign
If the message is still there, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at http://fundrazr.com/manage
- Click the "Edit" link for your campaign in the left column
- Click the Payments tab in the left column
- Click the "Check it again" button as shown above and the message should disappear.
If that doesn't do it, then get in touch with us and we'll take a closer look. Make sure you include the PayPal email address you entered in your campaign.
IMPORTANT: We don't have access inside PayPal's system, so our Customer Service agents can't provide any direct help in getting through these steps. This information is for reference only, and may become outdated over time.
If you need help getting through any of these steps, please call PayPal directly at 1-888-221-1161 and ask one of their Customer Service agents to walk you through the process.