That error message means that there are limitations or restrictions on the campaign owner's PayPal account, and they won't be able to accept contributions until the limitations or restrictions are removed. The limitation or restriction could be something as simple as not having a Verified PayPal account, which is needed to accept contributions through our system.
To help resolve the issue and help the campaign owner start being able to accept donations again as soon as possible, please do one of two things:
- Contact the campaign owner and provide them with a link to this page, or
- Submit A Request and provide us with a link to the campaign so we can contact the campaign owner to help them out
This message means that PayPal has placed a limitation or restriction on your PayPal account, and you need will need to take steps to remove the limitation of restriction to continue accepting contributions through your campaign.
IMPORTANT!!!Most of the time, the Restriction is something as simple as you not having a Verified PayPal account, which is required to accept PayPal contributions in our system. If this is the case, then as soon as you Verify your PayPal account the error message will automatically go away.
For help getting your PayPal account Verified, click here and read Section 1 on the page.
"My PayPal account IS Verified. What now?"
If you've made sure your PayPal account is Verified but you're still seeing the 520009 error message, don't panic:
It's usually easy to resolve an account limitation. Most of the time, PayPal just needs some information about your account or latest transactions. To provide the information and find out what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, PayPal suggests that you follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolution Center at the top of the page.
- Click Steps to Remove Limitation and follow the instructions
If you've completed the suggested steps above, but your account is still limited, it means one of 2 things:
- PayPal needs more information, and they've sent you an email that asks for it.
- They're reviewing the information you provided and they'll email you with an update (usually within 3 business days).
If you've submitted the information PayPal requested in the Resolution Center but you haven't received a reply email from them within the 3 business day period, please contact PayPal Customer Service at 1-888-221-1161. When you call, please ask to speak to someone in the Resolution Department and have the following information ready so they can confirm that you own the account:
- Your telephone number.
- A statement for the credit card or bank account linked to your PayPal account.
- The email address you used to register your PayPal account.
Please note: We do not have access inside PayPal's system, so we cannot help you remove a limitation or restriction that has been placed on your PayPal account. You will need to contact PayPal directly and resolve the issue through them.