Each contributor has control over how their contribution appears publicly on the campaign page.
As a contributor, you can choose to:
- Hide your name from the public to appear anonymous, or
- link your contribution to your Facebook profile, Google+ profile, LinkedIn profile & email address, or
- manually enter your name, or
- leave a public comment if you want to.
When you made your contribution, we sent you a notification email. It will look similar to the screenshot below, just with less blurry areas.
- Just click the "here" link in the second paragraph, as shown in the screenshot.
Choose how your contribution appears on the campaign page. There's a few things you can do here:
- Payment details: This section shows you the Contribution amount, Transaction ID, and Transaction time
This information is private and will only be seen by you.
- Your name: You can type in your name, or link your contribution to your Facebook profile, Google+ profile, LinkedIn profile and email address. You can also choose to hide your name from the public
You can hide your name from the public but payment industry rules require that we and our Payment Providers tell the payment recipient who sent them money and how much.
- Your message: You can type a message to add next to your contribution on the campaign page. Check the box if you want to post your contribution & comment on your Facebook Wall.
Note: Anything you type here will be seen publicly, so don't put sensitive information here (email address, phone number, address, etc.). To remove information you've previously entered, just delete the information and click Save.
If the campaign was offering Incentives or providing tax receipts, you may need to give them your contact info, so click the Contact info tab. If the campaign is missing some of your info (like if they need your mailing address before they can mail you the Incentive you paid for, etc.), you'll see a little caution triangle ().
Here's a full list of the kind of information you may be asked for:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Date of birth
- Employer name
- Employer address
If you paid for any Incentives as part of your contribution, you'll see the details of the Incentive(s) here. There's also a link you can use to contact the camapign owner in case you have any questions.