Okay, so you were setting up your campaign and everything was going great. Then you got to the PayPal part, entered your email address, clicked "Check It", and this happened:
What does that mean?
This message means that your PayPal account isn't Verified, and you need to Verify your account to continue. Here's a rather technical explanation:
Unverified PayPal accounts have sending limits: They can only send a certain amount of money every month.
"But I'm using your system to ACCEPT money, not send it."
We know, but since our system a PayPal feature called "Adaptive Payments: Chained Payments", where our fee is removed from your PayPal account in a separate transaction at the same time your contribution is received into your PayPal account, this means that even though you're planning to use us to accept money, you also need to be able to send money.
Okay, so how do I get Verified?
To Verify your PayPal account, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- On the account overview page, near your name, click Get Verified.
- Select the verification method you want to use.
- Enter your information, then click Continue.
- Click Confirm, then click Submit.
Important: PayPal Verification is a process that usually takes 2-3 business days in the United States, and 4-6 business days outside the United States. Unfortunately, the message won't disappear from your campaign until that process is finished, and you can't start accepting contributions until it does.
If you need any help getting through these steps, please give PayPal a call at 1-888-221-1161 and have one of their agents help you out.
I've finished the above steps and the message hasn't gone away in my account
If the message is still there, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at http://fundrazr.com/manage
- Click the "Edit" link for your campaign in the left column
- Click the Funding & Deadline tab in the left column
- Click the "Check it again" button as shown above and the message should disappear.
If that doesn't do it, then get in touch with us and we'll take a closer look.