Okay, so you were setting up your campaign and everything was going great. Then you noticed that we either sent you a message through the Admin Panel at the top of your screen mentioning that "There's something wrong with your payments" or you noticed this message on your campaign's "Edit" page:
What does that mean?
This message means that your PayPal account is Restricted, and you need to remove the Restrictions to continue. It's usually easy to resolve an account limitation. Most of the time, PayPal just needs some information about your account or latest transactions.
IMPORTANT: The Restriction could be something as simple as not having a Verified PayPal account, which is required to accept donations through our system. To find out how to make sure your PayPal account is Verified, read Section 1 on the following Help Page:
How To Make Sure Your PayPal Account Is Set Up To Use our system
If you've made sure your PayPal account is Verified and you're still seeing the 520009 error message, continue reading below:
If you've made sure your PayPal account is Verified, to provide the information and find out what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, PayPal suggests that you follow these steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click on the Help tab at the top of the page.
- Click Resolution Center to the right of the search bar.
- Click Steps to Remove Limitation and follow the instructions.
- If there are no instructions to do so, you need to contact PayPal directly.
If you've completed the suggested steps and your account is still limited, it means one of 2 things:
- PayPal needs more information, and they've sent you an email that asks for it.
- They're reviewing the information you provided and they'll email you with an update (usually within 3 business days).
If you've submitted the information PayPal requested in the Resolution Center but you haven't received a reply email from them within the 3 business day period, please contact PayPal Customer Service at 1-888-221-1161.
If you call, please ask to speak to someone in the Resolution Department and have the following information ready so they can confirm that you own the account:
- Your telephone number.
- A statement for the credit card or bank account linked to your PayPal account.
- The email address you used to register your PayPal account.
I've finished the above steps and the Restrictions are gone, but the message hasn't disappeared from my campaign
If the message is still there, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at http://fundrazr.com/manage.
- Click the "Edit" link for the campaign.
- Click the Funding & Deadline tab in the left column.
- Find the PayPal section and click "Details".
- Click the "Check again" button and the message should disappear.
Note: For if you are a part of an Organization campaign, this "Edit" page must be accessed from the Organization's separate "Edit" page found here: https://fundrazr.com/organizations
If that doesn't do it, then get in touch with us and we'll take a closer look. Make sure you include the PayPal email address you entered in your campaign.
IMPORTANT: We don't have access inside PayPal's system, so our Customer Service agents can't provide direct help in getting through these steps. This information is for reference only, and may become outdated over time.
If you need help getting through any of these steps, please call PayPal directly at 1-888-221-1161 and ask one of their Customer Service agents to walk you through the process.